minimalist lifestyle. This article serves the purpose to hopefully suggest books about minimalism:
1. Deep Work by Cal NewportDeep Work by Cal Newport excellently articulates an important style of time organization which he argues, allows for an increased level of concentration. The primary thesis of this book is that the ability to know how to focus for an extended period of time, versus splitting up a task through multiple iterations, will allow a person to increase their general productivity. This type of workflow allows for simplification of a set of complex problems, by zooming in and doing things one at a time.
2. Soulful Simplicity by Courtney Carver
Soulful Simplicity by Courtney Carver is a somewhat autobiographical story where she becomes diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, leading her to reevaluate the complexities of her life which in retrospect had led to debt and hardship. Carver promotes an increased prioritization of becoming a minimalist, and provides a powerful story for readers to connect these ideas to real situations.
3. The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss illustrates a new framework of conceptualizing wealth in the context of our lives, painting the picture that one can achieve greater life satisfaction by outsourcing and simplifying your workflow and finances. Although this book isn't specifically about minimalism, Tim Ferriss' philosophy allows viewers to understand their ability to reorganize their life through simplification.
4. Zero Waste Home: The Ultimate Guide to Simplifying Your Life by Reducing Your Waste by Bea Johnson
Zero Waste Home by Bea Johnson focuses on home organization, specifically regarding waste reduction. According to the book, Johnson's family produces 1 quart of garbage per year, allowing them to enjoy a better quality of life. Furthermore, this process of waste reduction has allowed her to improve her family's finances. This book provides numerous tips regarding how to minimize waste which could potentially help those hoping to make their home and lifestyle more minimalist.
5. Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living by Shauna Niequist
Present over Perfect by Shauna Niequist is an autobiographical self help book telling the story of how she went from living an unsatisfying life to a total 180 in terms of quality of life. The way she changed her life was primarily through becoming a minimalist, essentially simplifying the complexities that previously caused her problems. The book provides plenty of tips to become minimalist, which can help readers make beneficial adjustments to their own lives.